Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Fishing Rock

Fishing Rock is located immediately north of Fogarty Creek State Park.  The promontory overlooking the rock is about fifty yards from the small parking area right off of highway 101.  Access to the parking lot is, amazingly enough, Fishing Rock Street.  The promontory is rocky, often slippery, and it would be easy to fall over the edge so parental control of little ones is absolutely mandatory!

When I was there yesterday, the sun was playing hide and seek with me and I was lucky to get a couple of shots that included Mother Nature's best light.  





 I took this shot of the water cascading off the rock during one of the overcast moments and forgot to redo it when the light got better.  I might revisit this image and try it in black and white.


Yeah, I think reprocessing this one in "Tri-X mode" is a little better.  


This is the view from the Fishing Rock promontory, looking north, towards Salishan and Lincoln City.
A visitor/photographer, enjoying a Kodak Moment from the promontory.


\







No comments:

Post a Comment