Thursday, June 14, 2012

Eye of the beholder


Yesterday, the weather was one of those in and out things with clouds, more clouds, and then, for a few glorious minutes, a marginal bit of sunshine.  Sunshine?  Off I went in search of whatever.  

My first stop was East Devils Lake State Park, a favorite venue when I'm looking for a rainforest environment.  I really couldn't find anything that struck my fancy so I packed up my camera and started to leave the parking lot.  Well, gee, who's that birdy and why isn't he flying away?  Very quick grabshot, through the truck window, bad exposure and all of the usual excuses but, hey, Robins are a favorite so here he (or she) is.  Plus, I like the fence post.  Oh, and for you bird shooters, I shot this on burst and three frames from this one. . . .  no birdy.  Lucky me.



After leaving East Devils Lake (with bird in hand), I cruised Highway 101 through town and ended up at Mo's where I thought I'd at least get some exercise.  Not much was happening on the beach and on my way back to Zippy (my faithful truck), I found lots of back-lit grass along the beach trail.  Of course the wind was picking up and I think I shot this poor bit of grass 50 times before I got this one keeper.



No comments:

Post a Comment