Monday, July 2, 2012

Shootin' Big Bird with a B B gun!

No, no, no, no one shot any big birdies  with a B B gun!  Besides, a Heron is kinda blue and Big Bird, well, you get the idea.  The B B gun, of course, is the tiny lens on my tiny camera, which reaches out far enough to handle most of the objects I want to shoot but for photographing birds, it really is way too under millimetered!

I was on a coffee-fueled therapy run to Fogarty this morning and while looking for new fossils to bring home (JPEGS only, of course) I spotted this beautiful Heron standing relatively near the tide pools.  He/she stood there for a very long time, frozen in thought or whatever before actually moving into a better position to stand out from the floating sea weed.  I watched as the Heron nibbled on whatever it was nibbling on and finally it decided enough was enough and started to fly away.  As it lifted off, it circled back around and flew right over my head.  

The overhead shots are marginally in focus because I had set my lens on manual focus for the tide pool shots and wasn't prepared for it to come right overhead.  Ah, the joys of shooting stuff that moves; no wonder I leave moveable objects to my very best daughter in all the world!  Anyway, I'm pretty happy to have recognizable images of this Heron.































No comments:

Post a Comment